mirrorPoseAllows you to mirror a pose from a rigged character from one side to another.
Either copy this module into the Maya Script Path (Default is "C:/Users/%username%/maya/scripts") or add the path to the module to the Environment Variable MAYA_SCRIPT_PATH
Now you should be able to use this command to open the UI:
import mirrorPose mirrorPose.run()
- Character needs to be rigged with nurbsCurves
- Controls must be named similar. But needs to differ in Right/ Left Flags
- Mirrorable Controls need to be at almost the same position
- Controls that are very close may not be mirrored correctly
- Open the rigfile of the character and save out the Mirroring Preferences (which will check for the matching ctrls and compare their local space and lock-status). Character should be in T-Pose for this and corresponding ctrls should be in almost the same place. If a default Path is given the file (.txt) will be saved there. In the Contol Set Field you can enter a name for the Set from which the Ctrls are taken. If nothing is entered it will search for all "All" sets (For Example: DOG:All, CHR:All,...) An Optional Namespacechange is possible. The 'Append Namespace' option allows to append a namespace at the start of all ctrls.
- Now you can use this file in your animation scenes. EITHER Load the corresponding file via the Load Button OR if you have a defaultpath the characterfiles that are found will automaticly be loaded
- Now you can select Ctrls and hit the 'Mirror Selection' Button to mirror the Pose. Use the 'Mirror Left >> Right' or 'Mirror Right >> Left' Button to mirror the whole character.
- Folder and Filenames must be free of special characters
- Maya nodes cannot contain special characters
- Objects in the Character sets must be NurbsCurve
For further Info see the docs.
Copyright (C) 2012 Elias Fauser