All conditions of the MIT license (https://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.html) apply to this file.
P.S. FTM invokes only Maya's own commands to do all work. So, it should work on all OS that Maya supports. I myself only tested it on Windows, Linux and IRIX. But some user do complain some UI problem of FTM on MAC OS. Unfortunately, I don't have a MAC around. It is really hard for me to fix that. But, I think some really simple UI command tweak will fix it. So for those tend to use FTM on MAC, you might want to hack it yourself. ^_^!
Use this script to deal with file textures . The new version has new functions been added , which is now much more powerful. It builds an UI window , which basicly do these things:
File Texture Manager works on Windows/IRIX/Linux/MAC, manages file textures in a handy way.
FTM's basic functions:
1. Analyse scene file textures and give texture existence report.
2. Copy or move the original texture files to user defined path (customizable).
3. Update file textures' path info.
4. Handle path strings. eg. replace string, add prefix, append suffix...
FTM's extra fuctions:
1. Substitute file texture's path root string. eg. redirecting sourceiamges...
2. Memory efficiency setup for textures. (BOT for Maya and .map for mentalray.)
3. Filter type batch set.
4. Texture file format conversion.
How to use :
Put the script in your scripts folder then start Maya. Type and execute "FileTextureManager" in command line or Script Editor, an UI window will appear. Then follow the help in the UI window to finish your job. Have fun!
Inputs : None
Return : None
Any problem , please email me at Crow.Yeh@gmail.com
Please use the Feature Requests to give me ideas.
Please use the Support Forum if you have any questions or problems.
Please rate and review in the Review section.