This scipt will duplicate an object or a hierarchy and offset the animation in time.
If you select a animated hierachy, only the animation from the top level object will offeset in time (I know... I'm working on this minor inconvenience).
The script will not work on multiple selections or with no selection given.
- animation offset
- instance and input graph duplicate options
- custom asttribute animation offset
- random offset attributes
- pivot group for each duplicated object
1. copy the script to your maya scripts directory: %USERPROFILE%\Documents\maya\scripts
2. source the script and make a self button:
1. select only one object or a hierarchy.
2. type: mgDuplicateWin() in Maya Command Line or use the shelf button created in the
3. adjust the parameters accordingly.
4. press "Apply" button.
You only need to adjust the numbers of copies and geometry type before you apply the script.
- you can use the script only one time in the scene (nameing issue)
Freeware. Permission herby granted to use the script and modify the code, but not the header information regarding the author and license information.
(video demonstration coming soon)