- can convert Maya files between any recent versions (2008-2013)
- can convert ASCII and Binary files (Binaries will be opened and saved as temprary ASCII file before conversion)
- can batch convert multiple files
- overwrite protection (cannot accidentally overwrite existing files. prefix, suffix and/or different output folder must be specified)
- double clicking a file in the list opens its file location in Windows Explorer
- extract rs_mvc_v001.pyc and the rs_mvc_ui folder to your Maya script directory
- run these python commands in Maya:
import rs_mvc_v001 as rs_mvc
- set input folder
- pick file(s) from list (will list MB files only when "Auto convert binary to ASCII files" is checked)
- set output folder and/or choose prefix/suffix options and Maya version
- press convert button
- output will always be a Maya ASCII file
- works in Maya 2012 and higher only (because of QtUI)
- Limitation for Maya Binary files: Maya Version needs to be >= input file version
If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, don’t hesitate to contact me.
If you use and like the script, please rate it!
If you want to support me in further development of new and existing scripts, visit my blog and consider donating.
THE TOOL IS FREE TO USE AS IT IS. THE AUTHOR WILL NOT BE HELD RESPOSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE TO YOUR FILES.