It allows you to quickly
- Parent the selected objects sequentially
- Match an object's position to another
- Match an objects's translate, rotate and scale attributes to another's
- Rename the selected objects
- Where is the Sequence Pareting useful?
It basically parents the 1st object to the 2nd object, the 2nd object to the 3rd and so on and so forth.
* Joint Chains
* FK controls
* General object parenting
- Where is the Match Transforms / Position Tool useful?
* Matching one object's position to another's, without changing rotation (Match Position)
* Matching locators to objects, for orient constraints etc. (Match Transforms)
* Various, smaller tasks
How to Install:
1) Copy the script to your script folder: /User/Documents/maya/version/scripts
2) Then load it to your script editor:
- Open the script editor.
- Within the Script editor: File -> Load Script...
- Navigate to the script folder and select RiggingMultiToolv1.
3) Once its loaded into your Script editor, go back to File -> Save Script to Shelf...
4) Run it from there.
1) When using the Parent tool, an error message will appear saying: "No object matches name: ". This does not affect the parenting process and it will work like it should.
2) There is an issue when running the script for the first time in a scene:
An error message pops up, saying "Error: "$windowParent" is an undeclared variable.". You may have to re-run the script, it should work then.
3) I will make an update shortly, so installation and use is faster. (by typing multiTool(); in the command line)
I will eventually try to implement more sub-tools in the future, if their functions prove useful.
Feel free to comment or report a bug / problem.
If you enjoy this MEL Script, please rate it. I would appreciate it. Thank you!
* Update to Version 1.0.1:
-Fixed an issue, where the Match Position and Match Transforms Tool would give an error: "Select Only 2 Objects", although only 2 objects were selected.
* Update to Version 1.1.2:
-Fixed some errors that occured
-Added a "Connect Rotation" button