It allows you to quickly
- Parent the selected objects sequentially
- Match an object's position to another
- Match an objects's translate, rotate and scale attributes to another's
- Rename the selected objects
- Where is the Sequence Pareting useful?
It basically parents the 1st object to the 2nd object, the 2nd object to the 3rd and so on and so forth.
* Joint Chains
* FK controls
* General object parenting
- Where is the Match Transforms / Position Tool useful?
* Matching one object's position to another's, without changing rotation (Match Position)
* Matching locators to objects, for orient constraints etc. (Match Transforms)
* Various, smaller tasks
How to Install:
1) Copy the script to your script folder: /User/Documents/maya/version/scripts
2) Then load it to your script editor:
- Open the script editor.
- Within the Script editor: File -> Load Script...
- Navigate to the script folder and select RiggingMultiToolv1.
3) Once its loaded into your Script editor, go back to File -> Save Script to Shelf...
4) Run it from there.
1) When using the Parent tool, an error message will appear saying: "No object matches name: ". This does not affect the parenting process and it will work like it should.
2) There is an issue when running the script for the first time in a scene:
An error message pops up, saying "Error: "$windowParent" is an undeclared variable.". You may have to re-run the script, it should work then.
3) I will make an update shortly, so installation and use is faster. (by typing multiTool(); in the command line)
I will eventually try to implement more sub-tools in the future, if their functions prove useful.
Feel free to comment or report a bug / problem.
If you enjoy this MEL Script, please rate it. I would appreciate it. Thank you!
* Update to Version 1.0.1:
-Fixed an issue, where the Match Position and Match Transforms Tool would give an error: "Select Only 2 Objects", although only 2 objects were selected.
* Update to Version 1.1.2:
-Fixed some errors that occured
-Added a "Connect Rotation" button
Please use the Feature Requests to give me ideas.
Please use the Support Forum if you have any questions or problems.
Please rate and review in the Review section.