It isn't particulary useful in most cases but it can speed up some typical actions when handling multiple geocaches in a scene, so I thought i'd share it.
It allows you to quickly
- Turn all geo caches on or off
- Turn the cache blends of all caches on or off
- Print a list of all caches and blends in the Script editor (can be useful when troubleshooting)
How to Install:
1) Copy the script to your script folder: /User/Documents/maya/version/scripts
2) Then load it to your script editor:
- Open the script editor.
- Within the Script editor: File -> Load Script...
- Navigate to the script folder and select GeocacheremoteV1.mel.
3) Once its loaded into your Script editor, go back to File -> Save Script to Shelf...
4) Run it from there.
1) There is an issue when running the script for the first time in a scene:
An error message pops up, saying "Error: "$windowParent" is an undeclared variable.". You may have to re-run the script, it should work then.
2) I will make an update at some point, so installation and use is faster. (by typing Geocacheremote(); in the command line)
I will eventually try to implement more sub-tools in the future, if their functions prove useful.
Feel free to comment or report a bug / problem.
If you enjoy this MEL Script, please rate it. I would appreciate it. Thank you!