"Lighting Preset" version beta 0.2, it allows you to create presets for your lighting ( All lights, cameras and rendering parameters ), save it to a .xml file, load and share easily from a UI in maya.
To use it, you can either
- install the shelf in the .zip :
Copy the .mel as well as the .png file in your shelves and icons folder for instance on windows:
You will have a nez shelf "GJ_Tools" with the lighting preset ("lp") icon.
- Or you can open the .py script with the script editor in maya.
The script should work on Windows, Mac and Linux, but I cant check version for mac and linux, if someone has a problem just give me a shout, thanks ! Rendering parameters works only with MentalRay and Vray for Maya for now.
Many options available:
- Save all lights or only selected lights
- Save only rendering parameters
- Save cameras ( Normal cameras only for now )
- Save perspective view in the preset toggle
- Save all presets in the same folder by default to reduce useless manipulations
- Load a preset from an external .xml file
- Create light objects in your scene directly from the .xml preset file
- UI dockable or not
- 3 Presets groups available
- Save preferences in order to keep options setuped as you want, even if you close maya
More help infos and help at www.guillaume-j.com
Script still in beta, for any problem, drop me an email !