This tool will change the color of bones based on their squash/stretch amount, providing the user with feedback if they have gone beyond a desired threshold. It will live update as you move around and animate in the viewport.
A co-worker asked if I could help him get a little script going to give feedback on how much bones were stretching in his rig.
Things got a bit out of hand and boneStretch is the result.
• Download & Unzip to MAXROOT\Scripts\Startup\ **MUST INSTALL HERE**
• In Max: Utilities Panel > MAXScript > Select "boneStretch" from the 'Utilities' drop down
• Enable and change settings as desired
• Additionally, "Toggle boneStretch" macro can be applied to a Quad, Toolbar, Menu, or Hotkey: Customize > Customize UI > (under "Animation Tools" category)
New in version 1.0.1:
• Dramatically increased performance
• Expanded legacy support; compatible w/ 3ds Max 9 (and possibly older)
• Stretch limit: The distance at which the bone will be fully colorized to the stretch color
• Enable/Disable toggle macro
• Customizable colors
Please use the Feature Requests to give me ideas.
Please use the Support Forum if you have any questions or problems.
Please rate and review in the Review section.