This is a custom Maya brush which makes smoothing skin weights very fast and easy to do. Because it smooths all influences at once there is not the typical normalization problem which the standard Maya smooth skin brush has (normalize = interactive). When normalization is on post, the result gets not smooth immediatley, so you would have to switch between all influences to get it really smooth. With tf_smoothSkinWeight.py you get in both situations a smooth and correct result immediately.
- smooth weights with a few strokes
- saves a lot of time
- weights all joints at once
- no need to worry about normalization
- creates a really nice and smooth weight-transition
- currently no undo support
- can get slow on highres meshes with many joints
- copy script to your maya scripts directory (i.e. C:\Users\xx\Documents\maya\2011\scripts )
- select a skinned mesh and execute the following python commands:
Since it is a python (with api calls) and mel script combination it should run on all operation systems
- make it a plugin command to support undo
- make it faster on highres meshes
Please use the Feature Requests to give me ideas.
Please use the Support Forum if you have any questions or problems.
Please rate and review in the Review section.