Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
First of all thanks for taking a look and / or using it. If you enjoy using the scripts feel free to share as long as I am credited for the script. If you have any ideas for scripts or tool feel free to contact me. Thanks again.
The script allows the user to create a polygon pipe over the selected vertices, based on selection order.
How to use:
1. Create a polyCylinder with the desired radius and subdivisions axis
2. Select the polyCylinder and the shape which the pipe needs to follow.
3. Right Mouse Button click and hold over the second shape, select Vertex
4. Select the vertices in the desired order.
5. Run the script
How to install:
1. Copy / move the ModelingMesh.py in your Documents\maya\version\scripts
2. In Maya, open the script editor
3. Make a new python tab or empty an existing python tab
Command menu > New Tab > Click Python from the pop up.