Author: Jesse Nelson
Thanks to Pete Molinero for bug testing and suggestions. In depth description of the script here.
Tired of digging through Maya's light-link editor to make or break connections between lights and objects? This Python script offers a quick and intuitive way of setting up light links between objects. Check out the video demo on Vimeo.
- LINK and UN-LINK:
- Quickly link or un-link any number of selected lights from any number of selected geometry objects, without using the relationship editor.
- SELECT ATTACHED:
- Select all objects linked to a specific light,
- Select all lights linked to a specific object.
- Current version works on all standard maya lights as well as any Polygon, NURBS object, or Subdiv surface
- Current version works on both individual objects and all child objects of selected objects (groups, parented objects, etc.)
- Using the "Un-Link" button on any single light or object will remove ALL current connections from that light or object!
- Method #1: Put the "easyLightLinker.py" file into your root Maya scripts directory; in Windows this path is user/maya/version/scripts. In Maya, open the script editor and enter:
from easyLightLinker import *
- Method #2: In Maya, open the script editor and load the script using "File->Load Script". Run the script, and then enter: