Maya Scene Converter
Maya Scene Converter is a python-based Qt tool for converting scenes from a render engine to another in Maya, it is not a perfect conversion and it depends on rules files and how good they are but gives you a great head start.
- Creates rules to convert from a source render engine to a target render engine
- Easy UI to create, save and load the rules
- Supports all shading related nodes: Materials,Textures,Utilities and Lights
- Converts all the scene or selected objects
- Scans the scene for any node or only what belongs to the source engine
- Some ready examples of rules files (not very precise but very functional)
- Prints info about all conversions
- Tested with Windows only but could work on other operating systems
- Tested with Maya 2018+ but could work on previous versions
Download and unzip the MayaSceneConverter.zip file from github releases.
Drag and drop the "SceneConverter/install.mel" file onto the Maya viewport.
Click the icon on the shelf to run.
Please use the Feature Requests to give me ideas.
Please use the Support Forum if you have any questions or problems.
Please rate and review in the Review section.