The Material Manager is an all-in-one interface for quickly interacting with scene materials. Quickly sort, search, filter, create, rename, delete, search, and assign texture files with the click of a button! This tool comes equipped with material presets that won't clutter up scene files and can be loaded in when they are needed, as well as an on-board color ID map baker.
Supported Maya Versions: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2014 LT, 2015 LT, 2016 LT
Compatibility designed to work on future versions of Maya that are not yet out. Not guaranteed to fully work on older versions of Maya.
Smart Exporter Breakdown
Support me on Gumroad!
- One-click Material Selection
- One-click Texture Map Assignment/Removal
- Smart Exporter Tool
- Harden UV Border Edges Tool
- Color ID Map Baker (not available in Maya LT)
- Automatic Color ID Tool
- Quick Lambert/Blinn/Phong & Checker Materials
- Texture Coordinate Indicator/Flipper
- Namespace Removal Tool
- Material Presets (compatible with Quixel's DDO)
- User-customizable Variables
Improvements From Version 3
- UI has been revamped to look sleeker with better top-to-bottom flow
- Banner area can now be hidden
- Indicators have been replaced with highlighted nameplates
- Indicators now work on individual polygons
- Matching now also works against the active selection
- Counters have been added to keep track of materials in scene and on selection
- Nameplates can now be resized for better space management
- Smart Exporter tool has been implemented
- Assigned materials can now be sorted to the top of the list
- Materials can now be simultaneously assigned to instances
- UV Border Edge tool has been implemented
- Added tools to automatically rename utility and texture nodes based on material names
- Added an option to display particleCloud materials
- Namespace Remover tool implemented
- Window docking implemented
- Color ID Map Baker has been vastly improved and given its own tab (not available in Maya LT)
- Automatic color ID assignment, up to 15 unique colors
- ID Map Baker now supports multiple low, high, and cage objects for baking
- Custom color presets have been improved to provide maximum contrast between colors
- All warnings and errors that are impertinent to the user have been concealed
Review the version history to see the latest updates to the tool!
Regarding advanced/custom materials and Mental Ray materials: All materials that exist in a scene should get listed under the first tab. If there is no .color channel, the button defaults to pink. All the available tools should still work with these materials within expectation, however there are no plans to cater specifically to them.
Please forward any comments or bugs to email@example.com. Thanks!