THIS SCRIPT DOES NOT WORK IN MAYA 2011 OR ABOVE!
It only works in Maya's Original User Interface 2010 or below. An upgraded version for 2011 and above is available here: https://www.creativecrash.com/maya/marketplace/scripts-plugins/animation/c/abxpicker-2011---2
*Thank you for all the great feedback this script has received. I'd love to get some screen grabs to see where and how this script is being used. Send me whatever you have to email@example.com
*Documentation on the Forum seems to have been lost when highend upgraded. Will work on getting it back online. The script itself has documentation when you click the "?" button in the upper right corner
abxPicker provides artists, animators, and character TDs with an intuitive drag-and-drop interface for creating and using character control Interfaces. Using drag and drop, you can create, position, resize, and edit buttons to select and animate character controls.
- Quickly create layouts using easy drag and drop interface
- Supports background image style, or simplified iconographic layouts
- Auto assign default tools like move and rotate to controls
- Key selection sets with a single button
- Create Toggle buttons for visibility or IK/FK switching or other
- Data is stored in scene nodes for easy portability
- Import/Export to other rigs
- Supports Shift-click to add to selection and ctrl-click to subtract from selection list
- Works with character referencing, rename prefixes and namespacing for pipeline integration
- Only one .mel file (easy to install)
- Includes Test Scene File to try out
Use the Forum link below to see docs, post feedback, bugs, feature requests
- 9/10/06 Fixed bug that prevents help window from opening
- 10/02/06 Fixed bug with keyframe command and referencing
- 10/02/06 Fixed bug with Toggle command seting tool to "Show Manipulator"