This script lets you switch and match Poses between IK/FK controls in the animation scene.
Works for Riggs that don't have IK/FK match built-in and requires only Standard FK controls and IK Pole Vector Setup.
The Controls are defined once and can be stored in Node for easy reuse throughout the animation.
1. Define Limb to work on
This always needs to be defined before loading/storing/switching
Sides are treated separately to not be restricted by naming convention
2. Define Ctrls necessary by selecting them and hit the << button
<< FK1: Upper Arm
<< FK2: Lower Arm
<< FK3: Hand
<< IK Ctrl: IK Hand
<< IK Pole:
<< Switch Ctrl: The ctrl that is used to switch between ik and fk mode
<< Switch Attr: The attribute that is dialed to switch.
It can be highlighted in the channel box and hit <<
Some Riggs have different orientations in their IK and FK ctrls and joints.
This becomes obvious when running 'Match' and seeing a 90 degree offset in the wrist
Set the offset and run 'Match' again to align them
- Match IK/FK: To switch over and match pose on current frame
- Switch IK/FK: Simple switches between the modes (does not do any matching)
- Select all IK or FK ctrls
- Key all IK/FK controls on current frame
- Bake IK/FK: Bake the entire frame range to ik or fk. Leaves source keys clean
- Import/Export Store Nodes to file
import pymel.core as pm
import mog_ikFkSwitch as mog_ikFkSwitch
- Pole Vector Control is required and will not run if controlled with attribute
- Works only on Referenced Riggs
Future Improvements/Optimizations planned:
- Make script work/not error if there is no pole vector
- create nodes in Rigg files and look for Referenced Nodes on Load
Questions/comments/issues to email@example.com