MGtools is a free mel toolPackage specialized in maya animation process.
This is the about image that I drew for it:
The main features are listed below:
- Dual UI&HelpDoc language (English,Simplified Chinese).
- U can embed any user MEL, integrate them into a single bar and the popupMenu of MGtools' MGshelf icon as well.
- Embed any external file/folder shortcuts.
- A floating channelBox called MGchannelBox which is specialized for animation. There are eight marking menus embed in it for quick operation purpose.
- MGselection set and some assistant feature to speed up your selecting process.
- Constraint tools to speed up your constrainting process.
- Viewport config switch and display layer set.
- Snap.There are many many kind of snap in it. such as relative snap,POsnap,PointSnap,OrientSnap..etc. All these snap have snap at the frame,or snapping foreward/backward mode. This could be the most frequent feature u gona visit. It helps u get rid of all the popping that caused by attribute changing,and any slipping feet while the character is walking/runing.
- Make one object's pivot animatable in animation process.
- MG-animaton library: export/import animation,build up and maintain your animation library through the UI very easily.
- MG-Timer: recording timing and present/convert the result in any frame rate.
- MG-MA converter. Sometime maya wont let you change the file type,then use this.
- Reference tool.
- Custom MG-HUD display.
- frameCounter annotation.
- BackUp/Restore animation.
- Make selection sticky in your viewport, or create a viewport that are fixed on your selection.
- Draw a curve via the animation.
- Motion Path animation calculator.
If you got any question or bug on MGtools,please visit MGtools publishing page to download the latest version/ send a feedback.
Please use the Feature Requests to give me ideas.
Please use the Support Forum if you have any questions or problems.
Please rate and review in the Review section.