This script is useful for creating splits in character skeletons so that more joints will be available for binding or control puposes. Can be quite effective in forearms or any area that might twist, as well as for tentacles, tails, spines, or any joint chain that needs a lot of joints with the same rotation orders and orientations to get a nice bend.
Version 1.1 (03/09/2006)
- Changed GUI to use formLayout for more predictable results and to keep the frameLayout from resizing in certain situations.
- Placing splits before finalizing them is now an optional step.
- Slider range changed from 0 to 10 to 0 to 1 to mimic Maya standards for percentages. Hence, 25% now equals 0.250 instead of 2.500
- Error checking added to make sure that user inputs are valid before starting to place or finalize splits.
- Slightly changed Append behavior so that a "_" precedes the trailing number in the name.
- Added Cancel, Apply, and OK buttons to mimic standard Maya tool dialog interfaces.
- General code clean-up.
Please use the Feature Requests to give me ideas.
Please use the Support Forum if you have any questions or problems.
Please rate and review in the Review section.