The FleX Rig Version 1.1 Update November 2014
© 2014 Nathanael Xavier and Xtraordinary Productions
* The sourceimages (textures) folder is too large to upload to CreativeCrash.
PLEASE DOWNLOAD ALL THE TEXTURES FOR THE FLEX RIG 1.1 HERE:
Put the sourceimages folder into the FleX Rig 1.1 folder you downloaded from CreativeCrash.
- Please give me credit wherever this rig is used, whether it’s a small animation or an entire short film.
- Posting a link where the rig can be downloaded is also appreciated when you cite the credits.
- The FleX Rig 1.1 is available to use for non-profit independent use.
Tutorial Part 1: www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDs1tZkQt9E
Tutorial Part 2: www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L3FSdcrB0U
AnimSchool Picker: www.animschool.com/pickerInfo.aspx
Please watch both parts of the tutorial before using the FleX Rig, and read the text document in the main folder before opening the Maya file.
FLEX VERSION 2.0
The FleX Rig has undergone a MASSIVE UPDATE!
Version 2.0 to be released sometime towards the end of July or beginning of August!
Version 2.0 FEATURES:
- All features from Version 1.0, PLUS:
The FleXpression Editor:
- Micro facial expression editor [comes with SEVERAL controls to create more detailed, natural facial expressions]
- Mouth shaper control [which makes it MUCH quicker and easier to animate lip sync]
- other minor adjustments
- Wardrobe Control [OVER A HUNDRED MIX-AND-MATCH CLOTHING COMBINATIONS! Fully wrapped/skinned to the rig with customizable textures on most pieces of clothing, adding up to hundreds of colour and texture combinations!]
- Cloth Simulation Control [dynamic nCloth system which includes clothing items from the wardrobe control, ready to simulate with the FleX rig]
- Hair Simulation Control [dynamic nHair system which includes hairstyles for both male and female characters]
- Jiggle Control [for the breasts and buttocks areas]
- Customizable character textures [you can change the texture on the characters body from nude to underwear to basic clothing]
- Customizable hairstyles for both characters [each hairstyle's colour can also be adjusted]
- Customizable eye colours
- High resolution textures
- Light setup for quick and easy rendering
- Several other minor rig improvements and modifications
If you think that's a lot, then wait till you see FleX 3.0! I'm not gonna say much, but I can tell you that it will be the FINAL version of the FleX rig and will be completely customizable and awesome!
Stay tuned guys :D
Version 1.1 Features:
- New ABX Picker for Flex’s body controls (you need to download the “AnimSchool Picker” for free at AnimSchool’s website. LINK BELOW)
- Clothing! There’s a T-Shirt, jeans and sneakers for Flex (the male character), and a blouse, tights and flats for Flexa (the female character) *Note: this is not dynamic cloth, it’s just geometry that has been wrapped to the rig
- New Hairstyles! A brand new hairstyle for both Flex and Flexa. *Note: this is not dynamic hair, just geometry
- Light Rig! For quick and easy rendering with great results!
- High Resolution 4K texture maps! For crystal clear definition no matter how close the camera is.
- Several other minor fixes
Version 1.0 FEATURES:
- Access to the FleXpression Editor [the FleX rig's unique, integrated ABX-Picker-Styled facial control setup]
- Seamless character gender switch control from male to female [with automated texture change function]
- IK/FK limbs
- Dynamic stretch and squash in limbs, torso, neck and head
- Bendable limbs, spine and neck
- Dynamic parents for head, hands, clavicles, hips and feet
- Fully poseable fingers and toes
- Bold, bright, easy-to-select controls
Get the AnimSchool Picker for free here: (click on “Go to Download Page”)
- Follow the instructions for installing the AnimSchool Picker (instructions are on their website)
- Once the AnimSchool Picker is installed in Maya and is opening up without any errors,
go to File>Open and select the “FleX_V1_Picker.pkr” file in the scripts folder, and it should open up.
Happy Animating! :)
Please use the Feature Requests to give me ideas.
Please use the Support Forum if you have any questions or problems.
Please rate and review in the Review section.