dandelion of screws Editor's PickAbout the image:
I wanted to create a construct that looks like a piece of jewellery. I had the idea that it could become an interesting picture if i build a dandelion out of screws. This would turn around the gravity for the parachutes so that they fall down fastly than fly away like in zero gravity.
How was the image made:
I modeled this Dandelion in 3DSMAX an Rhino. I used Rhino to model a "free sizeable" main screw out of nurbs. In 3DS Max I used an XRef scene structure to be as flexible as possible. (And to be able to use proxys in the viewports,cause the polycount is about 2 million) The most difficult part was the lighting and shading. this was done in 3dsmax, too. This picture rendered about 5 hours on 2 P4
Selfillumination 2 Editor's PickSelfillumination 2
...the dark side of success
Software used: 3dsmax, rhino, photoshop, wacom tablet
This picture was created for the 3D World Cover issue 79.
Thanks to Jim Thacker, Shaun Weston and Kai Wood for their great support and ideas. Thank you for giving me this fantastic possibility!
Posterprints are availiable on:
A zoomable Highresversion can be found on
comments are very welcome.
Broken Mind Editor's Pick
About the image:
seems that the world becomes cleaner and cleaner. (Design
Despite that the knowledge explodes. Inside our heads gets the chaos
control. Inspired by this facts, i liked to create a picture that got
both aspects in it. (the clean surounding and the "exploding" knowledge
inside the heads)
How this picture was made:
modeled this Head in ZBrush with a wacom tablett. Then i modeled the
tripod in 3dsmax. The most difficult part was the lighting and shading.
this was done in 3dsmax, too.
this picture rendered about 7 hours on 2 P4
Spoontower Editor's PickThis picture is entitled "the Spoonflower".
If you like this piece, you can view a high res pic on
Selfillumination Editor's PickA picture about self-fulfillment.
The bulb is completely modelled in 3dsmax. The plug and the jack are
modelled in Rhino 3D. The pose was made with the help of an biped in
3dsmax, so i was able to finalize the choreography very intuitive. This
picture rendered about 8 hours on 2 P4