This shader is an ambient occlusion for maya software render.
It was released maya 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 for Windows 32bit and Windows 64bit.
- Put "plug-ins/[maya version]/yiAmbientOcclusion.mll" and "plug-ins/[maya version]/key.lic" into plug-ins folder.
- Put "icons/render_*.xpm" and "icons/render_*.png" into pref/icons folder.
- Put "scripts/AE*.mel" into scripts folder.
- Load the "yiAmbientOcclusion.mll" from plug-ins manager.
- You'll find the "yiAODiffuseShader", "yiAmbientOcclusionSader" under Surface, and you can also find the "yiAmbientOcclusion" under General Utilities.
How to use
- Assign this shader.
- Turn on Raytracing in Render Setting.
- Set 1 or more Reflections in Raytracing Quality when using "receive transparency".
- Color : Base color.
- Transparency : Transparency color.
- Samples : Number of sample ray. The ray is shot it becomes a square of the sampling value. (3 means 9 rays)
- Distance : Calculated distance. It becomes infinite when set to 0.
- Spread : Calculated spread.
- Receive Transparency : When turned on, the transparency is calculated. keep in mind, this mode might take some time.
- Falloff : Modulus of decay.
- yiAODiffuseShader : It's an ambient occlusion plus diffuse.
- yiAmbientOcclusionShader : It's a basic ambient occlusion shader.
- yiAmbientOcclusion : It's a utility. It can be connected to other attributes.
- 1.0.1 : added maya 2010 32bit version
- 1.0.2 : added maya 2011 32bit and maya 2011 64bit version
- 1.0.3 : added maya 2008 32bit and maya 2008 64bit version
- 1.0.4 : "Add Transparency" label change to "Receive Transparency"
- 1.0.5 : added maya 2012 32bit and maya 2012 64bit version
- 1.0.6 : added maya 2013 32bit and maya 2013 64bit version
- 1.0.7 : added maya 2014 64bit version
- 1.0.8 : added maya 2015 64bit version
- 1.0.9 : added maya 2016, 2017, 2018 64bit version
More details are here.
Let me konw if you have any problems.