Copyright (c) 2017
The MIT License (MIT)
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
Version HistoryVersion 1.0.1
- Quantity limit changed from 100 to 999.
- Reads scale transforms of sample object for duplicates. Before you could scale sample object to (2, 1, 1) and all duplicates would show with a scale of (1, 1, 1).
- Added a new 2012 version, keeping the legacy 2010 separate.
- 2010 and 2012 - remembers the collapse state of each frame.
- 2010 and 2012 - rearranged script a little to eliminate a warning.
- 2010 and 2012 - upped the scale precision to 2, can now scale by the hundredth.
- 2012 - can be docked and remembers if it was docked.
- 2012 - warning highlights in the text fields now.
- 2012 - Scale constrain lock colors updated.
- 2012 and 2012 - Duplicate along path now distributes equidistant copies regardless of your animation preferences! Before, the In and Out Tangent Maya preferences could alter the duplicate along path results depending on the settings.
- Thank you Blake Rockwell for pointing out the solution and everyone who took some time to inform me of this bug, sorry for the wait!
- Now works with groups!
- Added rotation constraint options, ideal for plants, stairs etc.
- Fixed a bug where scatter failed to work when constraining rotation.
- Now remembers all of your settings!
- Added option to create a merged extrusion along the curve as well. Fun stuff!
- Fixed issue with twisting merged extrusions.
- Fixed issue where the end of the extrusion would shoot off into the distance. Now extrusions will be the exact length of the curve.
- Fixed issue with merged extrusion when object is not at the center of the world.
- Fixed issue where if your source object is in the center of the world, the extrusion does not work properly.
- Added option to adjust distance between duplicates.
- Added a menu with some basic links related to the script.
- Added a button for refreshing duplicates.
- Renamed "Merged Extrusion" to "Deform Along Path"
- Deform Along Path now brings up a second window to give the user easy access to motion path attributes. (more to come here)
- 2010 - moved some of the UI over a bit so the words are no longer cut off.
- Fixed issue with "Distance" where you could not enter a float value. "1.5" was being interpreted as "1".
- Modified script so that it now works with both earlier and later versions of Maya. Only one available now.
- Added button for reversing the direction of the loaded curve.
- Added button for deleting the duplicates.
- Added a buttong for detaching the duplicates from the motion path and also removing any constraints.
- Changed rotate values from intergers to floats for increased accuracy.
- Fixed Scatter, its fuctionality was broken in 1.4.4
- Updated Scatter logic, now scatter directionality is fully random on each active axis. Before, the same random number was being applied to an objects x, y, and z.
- Updated Quantity and Distance field maximums to 1000 and 100000 respectively.
- Fixed a bug where the script was broken for Maya 2011 users. "// Error: Invalid flag ‘-floatChangeCommand’ //"
- Added Start and End Buffers
- Added a button for finalizing deform along path
- Added a feature to reset options to default
- Added a feature that adds a shelf button for DAP
- Added more options for deform along path
- Added tooltips for buttons
- Added a feature that saves duplication settings on the curve, can load settings from the curve
- Added auto switch for different scene up prefs
- Moved deformer options to a new tab to avoid confusion
- Moved pop-up deform attributes window to the new tab
- Fixed a bug where deforming failed if the object was too short
- Updated so docked UI shows up on top when you run the script in 2015 and 2016
- Fixed a bug that showed up in 2016 where failed to distribute along the path
Nightshade UV Editor Pro for Maya 2.1.3 (maya script)
Mobility Game Animation Pack for Maya
Quadruped Path Animation System for Maya 1.1.4 (maya script)
Dynamic Motion Motivator for Maya 1.0.6 (maya script)
Fight Animation Pack
UTILITIES for RIG (create controls, blending IK/FK, attribute follow, duplicate joint, mirror controls, orient joint, corrective blend shape) for Maya 2.0.0 (maya script)