The easiest way to get high-end visualization from CAD files.
March 1, 2007 - MAXON announces the immediate availability of its brand
new CINEMA 4D R10 Engineering Edition. This powerful software lets
engineering professionals - even those with no graphics experience -
quickly create high-end visualizations using their own CAD files. This
edition combines CINEMA 4D R10 with a simplified interface, preset
environments, materials and importers for a huge variety of CAD files
as well as the sketch and Toon module for creating precise line
drawings or sketched looks. The end result is a powerful, yet extremely
easy to use system that makes visualising CAD files child's play.
Companies such as Sony Imageworks, BBC and RTL value CINEMA 4D for its superb rendering, and manufacturers including BMW, Vitra, Siemens and Flextronics rely on CINEMA 4D when creating high-quality visualizations. No matter how large or small your company, the Engineering Edition and CINEMA 4D's Hollywood-proven rendering capabilities are the perfect combination for quickly creating breathtaking visualizations using CAD files.
The most important functions at a glance:
- The user interface is optimized for the creation of CAD visualizations. The designing engineer can quickly create beautiful images and animations.
- Comprehensive libraries containing materials and environment scenes make it easy to get high quality results, even without being a trained graphics artist!
- In addition to photorealistic rendering, CINEMA 4D also lets designers give their 3D models an illustrated look. This look can range from "sketchy" to very precise and detailed. What's more, photorealistic and illustrated looks can be combined!
- The CINEMA 4D render engine and the accompanying environment scenes have been fine-tuned for optimal performance and require only a fraction of the normal time to render.
- A network renderer for up to 3 workstations is included for rendering larger animations. This network renderer is based on the common TCP/IP technology and requires no administrative changes to an existing network.
The new Engineering Edition's most important features:
- The reworked scene management offers a better overview when working with larger, more complex projects, thus making it easier to locate objects.
- The interactive content-sensitive help system offers complete and concise information about each individual function, right within CINEMA 4D. No additional software is required!
- The powerful preview renderer renders quickly and in output quality, including reflections and transparencies. Either the entire viewport or only selected areas can be rendered.
- Hundreds of additional new features can be seen in the reworked interface, improved OpenGL display, expanded animation functionalities and many more areas...
Supported file formats:
- Inventor, MilkShape 3D, Minolta Vivid 700, MOL Molecular Database, Pro/Engineer, Protein (Molecular) Database, Rhino-3D /OpenNURBS, StereoLithography STL, Wavefront OBJ, XGL, DWG, IGES, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, ACIS SAT, Granite "g-plugs", Parasolids, STEP, VDA-FS
- Importing of these CAD formats is a standard CINEMA 4D feature. Additional purchase options allow CINEMA 4D to also export polygonal files in these formats.
More product information... About CINEMA 4D
CINEMA 4D is the high-end modeling, animation and rendering package, famous for its fast raytracer which produces stunning results. Easy to use and amazingly versatile, CINEMA 4D is the perfect tool for all 3D artists. From architects to games developers, from graphics designers to visual effects studios, CINEMA 4D has it all. For more information or to download a demo, please visit MAXON's website at www.maxon.net.
About MAXON Computer
MAXON Computer is the developer of professional 3D modeling, painting, animation and rendering solutions. Its award-winning products have been used extensively in the film, television, science, architecture, engineering and other industries. MAXON products have been used for and in Ghost Rider, Spider-Man 3, Surf's Up, Open Season, Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest, Monster House, Eragon, Superman Returns, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, Serenity, War of the Worlds, Polar Express, Pirates of the Carribean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, The Flight of the Phoenix, Van Helsing, King Arthur, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Star Wars: Episode II - The Attack of the Clones, the On-Air Packages for Comedy Central, Monday Night Football, Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, ESPN, NFL Network, TiVO, NBC, DirecTV, CBS NFL, Smart House, Fox and many more. MAXON has offices in Friedrichsdorf (Germany), Newbury Park (CA, USA), Bedford (UK) and Tokyo (JP).
Submitted: 2007-03-02 20:03:56 UTC