Adverti horiz upsell
Letter from Will McCullough : CreativeCrash.com Launches
Magazine/News Highend Network News
Letter from Will McCullough : CreativeCrash.com Launches
admin, updated 2009-08-31 18:33:50 UTC 297,363 views  Rating:
(0 ratings)

Hello All,

We are in the process of making a major switch to our sites.  Highend3d.com and Fxshare are going to merge and become www.creativecrash.com .  CreativeCrash is an entirely new platform that has many new focus areas.   While Highend3d/Fxshare were mostly known as download sites in the past, and the new platform extends the download capabilities greatly; each file now has forums, feature requests, bugs, image viewer, tags, and more.  However, when you log into CreativeCrash you will be at your dashboard.  Your dashboard is now a focal point of the site, which combines social and business networking into one location.  Much like facebook, you have your feed, a wall, status updates, and inline comments.  You will see any activity on the site from your friends in your feed -- tutorials they posted, files they commented on, images they've added, things they've favorited, etc.

As part of the social aspect of the site, you now have the ability to upload images in albums.  These albums are based on two concepts by default:  Portfolio and Friends and Fun.  Anything you add to your portfolio albums will be publicly viewable.  Anything added to Friends and Fun albums will be only viewable by your friends in your network.  Your feed activity will also only be viewable by your friend network unless it is a public item on the site (tutorials, downloads, etc).  You also have video albums that allow you to organize youtube/vimeo videos into albums and share with your friends.

The site also has a marketplace (launching with 17,000 models).  This will allow you to buy and sell digital assets on the site.  As a buyer you will automatically be tracking that asset in your dashboard and be made aware of updates on that file.  As a seller, you can utilize the forum, feature requests, and bug systems to communicate with your buyers and know that they will be updated automatically when buying your assets.

This is a beta platform (which means in the first few days/week you will probably experience a lot of bugs!) and there are many features that are not done yet.  We will be adding these features in the next coming weeks after we launch and put the platform to the test.

Forums have been completely redone from scratch and allow you to easily follow all the latest threads from all forums, quickly find your threads and threads you've participated in.  Again, more features will be coming to forums soon but for now it should have everything you need and be easy to use.

Thanks for your patience and support during this transition!  I really hope you all enjoy the new site and it helps you get your job done a bit better as well keeps you connected to your friends and colleagues in the industry.

Will McCullough (admin)

Comments

• Richard Mohler

Richard Mohler said over 7 years ago:

I think I signed up yesterday when it was highend3d, had to do it again today..

We did loose all data for the last day and half on highend3d. Sorry about that
  • Cadmium77

Cadmium77 said over 7 years ago:

Awesome...I was wondering why the site had been up and down again for the last while and this explains it. Great to see you're not sitting still and stagnating. A great new look . Thanks.

admin said over 7 years ago:

3 years in the works from design till today. :) So yes, highend3d had been neglected while we worked here.
  • xu chao

xu chao said over 7 years ago:

太帮了
  • samvolcano

samvolcano said over 7 years ago:

Hi, not able to download models/rigs...:-(
  • huangde h

huangde h said over 7 years ago:

哦克,erigude
  • freeman_ff

freeman_ff said over 7 years ago:

• Youngone Hwang

Youngone Hwang said over 7 years ago:

I wish CreativeCrash.com is well...
  • rmacyn1

rmacyn1 said over 7 years ago:

Really like the new look.... good job !!
  • li shuang

li shuang said over 7 years ago:

good job
  • mejker

mejker said over 7 years ago:

I like new look - good job!
  • learner2008

learner2008 said over 7 years ago:

admin said over 7 years ago:

[quote=learner2008]Thanks for change! New look is awesome with great dark colours with great design. I used to get updates every friday from highend3d and hope it will be back on again soon, I was wondering why it is stopped and logged in to the site and found out it was all new. Good luck![/quote] Thanks for the compliments on the design. We have a lot of tweaks still to go, but things are starting to stabilize a bit. Email updates and newsletters will be resurrected soon. Thanks for your patience. Invite your friends and add them so you can see the power of the dashboard!

admin said over 7 years ago:

[quote=freeman-ff]I want to down load the MBcluster( maya script) in the freedownload , but when I click into the page can't find the ''download'' butter ,why??[/quote] I changed the color to a bright blue and put it 2 more times on the page. Hopefully its much clearer now.
  • kurianos3d

kurianos3d said over 7 years ago:

all the best for Creative Crash
  • schmon

schmon said over 7 years ago:

any way the old links will send to the right page I'm sorry, despite the looks of the site I'm not too fond of the new system. It was a great hub for maya ressources and it's trying to be another cgtalk meet turbosquid sorry about that, despite the efforts

admin said over 7 years ago:

old links should work. if you find any paths that do not, let me know. this platform is nothing like cgtalk or turbosquid.. yet it combines features you see in other sites. just fyi, we were doing forums and had a marketplace briefly about 10 years ago. :) Use the dashboard and get to know the site before you decide what its like.
  • wes schultz

wes schultz said over 7 years ago:

i try to upload images to my portfolio section and all i get Upload Error: 422???
  • Wolfsong Lindqvist

Wolfsong Lindqvist said over 7 years ago:

I have the same problem.
  • gwuill

gwuill said over 7 years ago:

I have only one word: WOW !!
  • AndyMac

AndyMac said over 7 years ago:

Loved the old Highend3D.. finding this quite tricky to navigate and find the areas I used to use alot.. e.g. where has the old Maya List-serve section gone? Apart from that - I like it. ;-)
  • Almakos

Almakos said over 7 years ago:

Is it possible to send private messages to users here?
  • STZ

STZ said over 7 years ago:

Seperate from Highend3D or Creativecrash http://www.coloradodigitalarts.com/mayalistserver This will be used to gather parties interested in keeping the old maya list server alive. Jason
  • John David  Marte

John David Marte said over 7 years ago:

I'm so excited to see all the changes and I'm extremely happy with the direction you guys are taking. Turning highend3d into a social network is simply inevitable and you guys are doing it excellently!! Rock on! Feature request: i wonder if there would be apps, just as facebook apps, here in creative crash. I don't mean I'd like to flood C.C. with game updates, but there are tons of advantages to having apps. For one, it aids in integration with other social networks and/or blogs. This is something I've come to rely on in facebook and Twitter. I've set things up so that updating one would update the other automatically. this ould be cool, keeping in mind, C.C. would never be in lack of geniuses to push bars to no limit. Possibly incorporate google wave? Regardless, I support you guys completely! I'll soon invite friends to join the network. Thanks for leading the way!

admin said over 7 years ago:

The lists will be coming back soon. Dont fret

If you are friends.

admin said over 7 years ago:

guys, please give me more details on this. are you getting this error in the flash applet, or when you hit "continue" after the flash applet has told you all the files have "completed". Is it to the default album? Lay it on me, as many details as possible, including urls will help. We'll get it figured out right away. We did just upgrade the server so im hoping that problem will be fixed. Thanks, Will

admin said over 7 years ago:

Hey John, Without giving too much away... we have most of everything you mentioned planned already and a lot of it is already in the platform just waiting to be exposed and to get past the bugs we are currently dealing with. Be patient. The site takes a bit to get used to, navigation and all, but im confident once the networks are built, and tags are built up, etc, everyone will be much happier! Thanks for the support!

admin said over 7 years ago:

I found the error. working on it. thanks guys.
  • Almakos

Almakos said over 7 years ago:

Ok, thanks. Guess no info at the first place caused this confusion )
  • vasu1_deivigan

vasu1_deivigan said over 7 years ago:

Hi Will, Awesome................ur site is now really nice. And my best wishes for all. And I don't now how to invite my friends to join this site. shall you explain me? I want to upload my models as free downloads. how to upload it?
  • schmon

schmon said over 7 years ago:

Will you necessarily need to be logged in to download new scripts ? Also, I still feel I need to do twice the work to look for some script (pulldown menus, not so obvious menus) with the new site (provided I don't remember the name of the script) The reason I'm annoyed is because I've been using highend as a one-stop ressource library and it was working fine... But hey; I hope I'll be proved wrong and won't look back in a few weeks...

admin said over 7 years ago:

Yes you need to be logged in now to download. The reason is we had way too many people "ripping" the site which was causing server problems for us. Plus now if you download something it will show up in your dashboard's "downloaded" and you will be made aware when it is updated, and you can see if people have posted new reviews, bugs, feature requests, etc. You are now "connected" with that file. The navigation may take a minute to get used to, but its actually less clicks then the old site to get to the same places. I will be adding in more helper links later. But now when you go to scripts / plugins for example you see all the scripts plugins instead of needing to drill down. With the drop downs you *can* drill down still, but you see everything at higher levels. The old site did not have that, requiring more clicks. Plus with the new tag and search system once people populate tags there will be an entire new method to easily find what you are looking for. The search uses relevance to sort results. It takes a bit to get used to... much like using a 3d program such as maya, but once you get it... you will love it (i hope!) :) Will
  • niic

niic said over 7 years ago:

Great layout, great nav, great ideas, great site!! ...future is looking good, well done :)

admin said over 7 years ago:

Thank you for the compliments. Regarding the inviting of friends... for now just tell them to join the site and link your profile so they can add you as a friend. We have not yet built an "inviter" module. To upload your models click here . When you go to the free downloads section, top right above the banners the link says "Share your assets, upload your files". You can click that in the future.
  • John David  Marte

John David Marte said over 7 years ago:

Hey Will!! Thanks!! Again I am all support!! Love everything!! Thanks for leading the way!!

admin said over 7 years ago:

I guess a lot of people dont realize that we also were running fxshare.com on the same platform. Supporting 2d applications. In addition we had a number of other software companies that wanted us to support their software and personal friends of mine that are creative professionals that could benefit from the site - flash designers, designers, photoshop experts etc. CreativeCrash is a name that is meant to support all different types of creative professionals coming together. Not just 3d. That is the purpose of the name change.
  • Justin Denton

Justin Denton said over 7 years ago:

I have to say, while the look is nice and there are some new cool features, it has gotten much more difficult to actually search for items that I already know are in the download sections. My entire office has been expressing frustration with links saved in their web browser's bookmarks that no longer work. The search function no longer auto filters based on what page I have already navigated to, leaving me to "Re-Filter" a search that used to be a single click, and the pages update MUCH slower than they used to. Highend has been a home base of sorts for many of us, and while I do have faith some of this will get ironed out, I have to say it's cause for concern.
  • Kristy Barkan

Kristy Barkan said over 7 years ago:

Lovely design - the new site has a very slick feel. Great job!
  • aaron newton

aaron newton said over 7 years ago:

There are some great models available - can't wait to rob the piggy bank! A few things though: - Login is a little confusing - it needs to say 'email' instead of 'username' since it requires the email to be entered - I keep getting this error when uploading videos: The page you were looking for doesn't exist. You may have mistyped the address or the page may have moved. Aside from this stuff, my experiences on the site have been really good so far.
  • schmon

schmon said over 7 years ago:

Thanks for the reply I have a feature request too: - sorting scripts by last added (which I believe was by default on in the previous highend) not by most popular
  • Jeffrey Mantlo

Jeffrey Mantlo said over 7 years ago:

Pa Da Pa Pa Pa...I'm Lovin It! :)

admin said over 7 years ago:

You can sort using any of the column headers. The default is just most popular. Click on C / U (created / updated).

admin said over 7 years ago:

Hey Justin, we changed the search algorithm yesterday. Try it now.

admin said over 7 years ago:

Found this bug. working on fixing it right now
  • Sarika Mirchandani

Sarika Mirchandani said over 7 years ago:

Hi Will , Good to see such a huge transformation. Things were always sorted and systematic with Highend3d.However,the new look is gr8 and its more interactive now. Keep up the good work!
  • Stefan Albertz

Stefan Albertz said about 7 years ago:

Will, great work one the page. Have to get into its structure though, but life is learning ;) My premier wish: get the Maya Listserver back on - its a pain not to be connected via email right now...
  • jonamar

jonamar said about 7 years ago:

Hi, i just upload my character rig for free Ballking_otto. is Pending?did i something wrong?
  • alan3dcreativecrash

alan3dcreativecrash said about 7 years ago:

Great sit with nice layout.

admin said about 7 years ago:

all files are "pending" until approved by moderators. You should have received a big green message at the top of the page after you submitted your file letting you know that. I saw that you submitted your file as a 3d model but its actually a rig. Please choose the correct software section it is rigged in and then submit it there. Let me know if you need help finding the correct link -- let me know what software its rigged for. Thanks, Will

admin said about 7 years ago:

Its coming stefan :) Also working on making navigation a bit easier.
  • UrbnCTZn

UrbnCTZn said about 7 years ago:

I signed in highend3d long time ago, I even forgot what my username was ! All I had to do was to click on 'forgot your password', then I entered my email, clicked the sent link, choosed a new password and bang, I was logged in with my username ! It worked like a charm for me, I'm glad to be part of creativecrash ! Will be my "first social networking" experience...
  • Kim hyung suk

Kim hyung suk said about 7 years ago:

...
  • hockeyplayer27

hockeyplayer27 said about 7 years ago:

Well let me be one of the first to welcome you back to this site. It's really awesome and much easier to navigate than the previous one. Hope you enjoy it.
  • qu xinqiang

qu xinqiang said about 7 years ago:

I am all support
  • vijay kumar

vijay kumar said about 7 years ago:

Its good to have this creative crash i love it its easier compare high end 3d i love it.
  • Reza Allahyari

Reza Allahyari said about 7 years ago:

Hi,every time great and fresh,i like the new look.i'said that because i'm here after years.
  • alex teplitzky

alex teplitzky said about 7 years ago:

cool
  • nitin_jain23

nitin_jain23 said about 7 years ago:

nice meeting u
  • krishna  chaitanya

krishna chaitanya said about 7 years ago:

it is good
  • Sankar R

Sankar R said about 7 years ago:

Lovely design - the new site has a very slick feel. Great job!
  • Christopher Elwyn

Christopher Elwyn said about 7 years ago:

Hey just signed up - this looks great!
  • annab seed

annab seed said about 7 years ago:

good job
  • priyanka agrawal

priyanka agrawal said about 7 years ago:

i m wating fr d right place where i can show my creativity.........................
  • samam rokhcheca

samam rokhcheca said about 7 years ago:

CreativeCrash (highend3d) is best 3d websait. i sign up in sait with mobile. thanks. saman from rasht.
  • Jane Namenye

Jane Namenye said about 7 years ago:

Going through my old bookmarks I decided to check Highend3d and ended up here instead -- big surprise! I think the appearance is great and the format is easy to understand.
  • chaminda lakmal

chaminda lakmal said about 7 years ago:

yesterday i recieve some errors.but not its all right. Best of luck! guys.
  • Stefan Albertz

Stefan Albertz said about 7 years ago:

Have to ask again: is there already a new maya mailing list? It´s still a real pain without this list :-/
  • Juan Torres

Juan Torres said about 7 years ago:

Look forward to being active.
  • wang chong

wang chong said about 7 years ago:

happy
  • jy_wj

jy_wj said about 7 years ago:

i like this
  • Stefan Albertz

Stefan Albertz said about 7 years ago:

Maya mailing list? Anyone?
  • 5i3Der

5i3Der said almost 7 years ago:

Hello,I am a user of highend3D. but now I can't download everything that free resources. Whether I need sign another account number.When I download a free script , it stoped and show a sentences: file failed ,can't read resource file or disk. I don't know why it will do this.
  • suresh kumar

suresh kumar said almost 7 years ago:

all the best for Creative Crash
  • sijiamiqi

sijiamiqi said almost 7 years ago:

CreativeCrash (highend3d) is best 3d websait. we are all supporting you.
  • ypzypz

ypzypz said almost 7 years ago:

我是新手请多多指教
  • fu shiguang

fu shiguang said almost 7 years ago:

thx 太好了
  • samtemment

samtemment said almost 7 years ago:

thanks very much!
  • ramyscoops

ramyscoops said almost 7 years ago:

good site, :)))))))
  • XminusOne

XminusOne said almost 7 years ago:

Horrible name, better looking though. You'll always be highend3d to me, I don't care what anyone says:)
  • raghu p

raghu p said almost 7 years ago:

Hi, Thanks for creativecrash. am young for this site.
  • Sohel robin

Sohel robin said almost 7 years ago:

classic side for new creative sense
  • mrboxes

mrboxes said over 6 years ago:

Where have the Newsletters gone..?? I really used to look forward to the weekly MELScript newsletter. Please bring it back or tell me how to sign up if it's already here..
  • lensfx

lensfx said over 6 years ago:

cool sites.....where people share and learn.....
  • Vincent Tilghman

Vincent Tilghman said over 6 years ago:

I think i ment to comment here when i first joined but never did for some reason. anyway i apreciaate this site thanks alot.
  • Dynasty Weapons

Dynasty Weapons said over 6 years ago:

Truthfully, I would have to say that this is one of the best sites for selling models I have ever come across. Everything about it is perfect, the colors, the interface, the friends list function, the updating feeds, and the studio. I don't think one can ask for more other then special badges on the vender's names to know how well they do, what their products are based on, the quality of their work and more at a glace. I work with pixel art, animation and flash too, I would be more then happy to create those icons for this site. For every seller's use and every 3D/2D member in here. Great site... Congrats.
  • doorland abscardicako

doorland abscardicako said over 6 years ago:

• Albert Barba

Albert Barba said over 6 years ago:

I want to thank you all the team becaurse you're doing a very good job with this site. Cheers!
  • Mehdi Taheri