SP Effects announces Creature Concepts:A Look into Pre-Production Design.
Available exclusively at www.speffects.com
Creature Concepts instructs you from the ground up on how to design, draw, sculpt, mold, and paint every aspect of your characters evolution. More than just a full color book, it is a bible for anyone developing characters, whether you are in film, games, or toy design. Each chapter is filled with industry proven tips, techniques, step by step tutorials and material lists.
- Follow the entire pre-production process of character design, from forming an idea, to airbrushing a molded maquette.
- Learn how to design characters, draw concept art, create orthographic schematics for 3D models, sculpt maquettes, make molds for replication, and airbrush.
- Learn all forms of character design work, from monsters to humans, to aliens and creatures.
- Go beyond concept art and fully explore the pre-production process, including sculpting liknesses.
- Mold making techniques take maquette making beyond sculpting, teaching otherwise hard to learn knowledge.
- Discover airbrush painting and step by step operation of an airbrush.
- All process and techniques demonstrated with detailed step by step photographs, follow along tutorials, and material lists.
About the Author
Christopher Green currently works as a CG modeler and texture map artist in Chicago, Illinois. His sculpture work can be scene at MGM Studios, FL, Universal Studios FL, and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Raymond-James Stadium. Chris also has extensive experience sculpting maquettes for action figure designs
Submitted: 2008-01-04 04:03:44 UTC
Software: 3dsmax, Maya, Softimage, Xsi, and Zbrush